Friday, April 3


Oh, the adventures of living in Japan. Most things in our apartment have been pretty easy to figure out, but today my goal was to conquer the washing machine. How hard could it be - it's a washing machine. Well, that's what you say, until you take a closer look at this:



I'm happy to say I succeeded and have completed 2 loads of laundry. Next up is the dryer...I thought I'd wait to try that one until later...for now this will work for drying:

This is really our "shower room". You can see the tub at the bottom of the picture and the shower head up top. You actually stand outside of the tub to use the shower.

Posted by Posted by Chris and Abbie at 3:12 PM
Categories:

 

8 comments:

Julie said...

Those are like the showers they had in Sweden. You will get used to it in a couple days!

The Rummelhoffs said...

I'm so happy to see pictures. Your apartment looks really cute. I'm still a bit confused about the "shower room." Congratulations on figuring out the washing machine. I love you.

Lynn Joy Mecher said...

What an adventure! I am so thankful for the technology that allows us to share it with you. Where is the washing machine? In your building or do you have the joy of going to the laundromat? Let us know if you need anything. Love you.

WML said...

I think I would have post-its all over the washer. I am with Brooke about the shower. Are the toilet and sink in the shower room. too? I can't wait for more. Have you met your co-teacher yet?

ses said...

Thank you for the card that I received Tuesday the 24th! Perfect timing. I'm so glad to hear that you are settling into your apartment. It looks so cute from the pictures. Thinking of you as you start your TEACHING experience. Heard you, Abbie, are with the little ones now. GOD BLESS YOU! Can't wait to share stories with you. Lots of love!

The Bukowski's said...

I love the apartment! It is really cute. Yeah, that shower is strange. That might take a while to get used to, at least it would for me. I love you.

Jackie said...

Your place is so cute--praying for you guys!! I remember using the washing machine in Germany and I was thinking that was confusing--but wow!!

Tonya said...

Wow that is crazy about the washing machine! I'm glad you are adjusting.